Temporary Live-in ESL Teacher
Live-In ESL Teacher and Counselor
Tamwood operates 7 award winning summer camps in North America and is looking for live-in teachers at the following locations:
|Toronto (June 26 to Aug 13, 2019)
Whistler (June 26 to Aug 6, 2019)
Montreal (June 26 to Aug 6, 2019)
|Boston (June 26 to Aug 6, 2019)
Los Angeles (June 26 to Aug 13, 2019)
San Jose (July 3 to Aug 13, 2019)
Founded in 1992, Tamwood International College is a privately owned company that operates a number of carefully designed and managed Summer Camps across Canada (Vancouver, Whistler, Toronto and Montreal) and the United States (Boston, San Jose, and Los Angeles). Tamwood’s junior programs are run under a separate division called Tamwood International Camps and offer young students between the ages of 7 and 17 the chance to learn a new language, develop new skills, make friends from around the world, and create memories that will last a lifetime. In 2018, we had over 1,800 students from over 30 countries.
- Conducting initial assessments of all student upon entering the program for Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing skills using the STEP framework for assessment
- Preparing for class, including printing resources and requesting materials for activities
- Planning and delivering daily lessons that meet the needs of all students
- Fostering an environment of inclusion, support and respect in the classroom
- Fostering a ‘growth mindset’ and a commitment to life-long learning
- Maintaining an “English Only” policy in your classroom and throughout the camp day
- Preparing weekly progress reports and individualized comments for students assessing then on Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing using the STEP Framework.
- Preparing graduation certificates for all students.
- Supporting and managing camper behavior in residence, during activities, excursions and meal times.
• Supporting campers to be on-time and prepared for all daily activities
• Supporting campers with inclusion within counselor group and the camp community
• Generating and maintaining enthusiasm for all components to camp program
• Participating in all evening programs, excursions, and daily activities
• Attending all meetings as scheduled by the Camp Administrative Team
• Monitoring campers’ health including nutrition, hydration, sun protection and overall wellness
- Undergraduate degree in Education or other relevant discipline
- ESL Specialist Certificate or TESL Training
- A minimum of one year teaching experience (International or ESL Teaching experience is an asset)
- Experience with ESL assessments is an asset
- Excellent written communication skills to document student progress and records
- Have the ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with sensitive issues with tact and discretion
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills, ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to work under pressure with changing priorities and to meet deadlines
- MS Office experience (advanced excel and word)
- Must have valid First Aid and CPR C certifications by June 1st.