Full-Time Native-Level English Teacher needed in Cordoba, Spain for September 2023
*Applicants MUST have EU citizenship, TIE or working visa*
Private language academy located in Palma del Rio, Spain is seeking a full-time Native-level English Teacher to join our team starting in September 2023. The successful candidate will be motivated and enthusiastic. Flexibility in schedule and ability to teach all ages and levels required.
We are a young, modern and well-equipped academy which has seen constant growth. This is an excellent opportunity for teachers looking to work as part of a dynamic team in a friendly work environment with ongoing support.
The academy is an official Cambridge English Preparation Centre and an official Aptis Exam Preparation Centre.
We are centrally located in a friendly town of 21,000 inhabitants and easy to access on foot. Palma del Río is less than 45 minutes from Córdoba and Seville and well-connected to the cities via trains and buses.
- Teach English to a high standard conducting lessons in English at all times.
- Compose detailed lesson plans in order to successfully complete the given syllabuses.
- Execute lessons efficiently and effectively using different styles of teaching depending on the students’ ages and content.
- Engage students to ensure a lively and encouraging classroom atmosphere.
- Maintain accurate records, including registers, test results and weekly lesson plans.
- Conduct thorough assessments of students’ tests and writing assignments in a timely manner.
- Complete written students’ evaluations at the end of each term.
- Attend regular monthly meetings as arranged by the Director of Studies.
- Continue your professional development through online seminars, researching ELT and taking courses.
- Read and understand the staff handbook and adhere to the policies
- Excellent spoken and written language skills
- Good interpersonal communication, organisation and problem-solving skills
- Time management
- Patience, confidence, flexibility
- Appropriate classroom management
- Ability to create meaningful lessons
- EU citizenship, TIE or valid visa to work in Spain
- Must have a university degree in Education, English, Foreign Languages or Linguistics
- DELTA, CELTA or TEFL teaching certificate or equivalent
- Native-level English speaker (a working knowledge of Spanish an advantage)
- Minimum 2 years teaching experience, preparing Cambridge exams as well as teaching teens and young learners
- A willingness to develop professionally
- Two recent references from previous posts are required, including at least one from a teaching post.
- ICPC certificate if applicant has lived in the UK, and clear CRB check
- Groups of 10 students maximum and 4 minimum, classified according to age and level
• Courses for kids, teens and adults, from A1 to C2
• Courses taught: General English and Cambridge Examination preparation
• Classroom materials and resource library for teachers
• Teacher support in lesson planning and classroom management
• Teacher support in Cambridge exam preparation
• Objectives clearly set at the beginning of each term
• Each teacher their own air-conditioned classroom
- 25 teaching hours in a 34-hour contract (Monday to Friday with the possibility of a few hours of private morning classes)
- Approximately 1400 euros gross per month
- Extra 9 hours allocated in the mornings for lesson planning and correcting
• Paid Christmas, Easter, local and national holidays
• An indefinite contract starting September 2023
- Training period during first weeks of September
• Social security and health coverage
• Assistance finding accommodation (flats near the academy are approximately 350€/month)