Online English Teacher (Work from home with Whales English)
WHALES ENGLISH OVERVIEW:
– Earn $20-$30 USD/hour
– Must be a native English speaker from the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, or Ireland
– Requires a bachelor’s degree, teaching certificate, and 1 year experience
– Requires a minimum of 8 hours/week during peak times
– No lesson planning required; Teaching materials provided
ABOUT WHALES ENGLISH:
It is an online teaching school based in China designed for English learners between the ages of 3 and 18. The company has a registered student population of over 60,000 and is expanding. They have an average of 2 students in a class, and over 10,000 different classes with almost 2,000 native English-speaking teachers.
WHALES ENGLISH CLASS TYPE:
– Whales English has two major types of classes. Classes with one teacher and two students and classes with one teacher and six to ten students.
– All classes are based on U.S. Common Core material.
– Variety of teaching subjects/class offerings: English, Language Arts, Phonics, Literature, Sociology, History, Academic Writing, Life Science, Social Studies, Science, and more.
WHALES ENGLISH REQUIREMENTS:
– A bachelor degree or higher
– Minimum 1 year experience teaching kids
– At least one teaching certificate: TESOL, TEFL, CELTA, etc. (We offer TESOL certificates for just $19)
– Be from a native English speaking country (including the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand)
WHALES ENGLISH PAY:
– $20-$30 USD per 50-minute class
– Additional performance-based bonuses and raises (weekend classes; perfect attendance; trial class conversions; teacher recruitment, marketing, etc.)
– Teachers are paid via ‘payoneer’ or through bank transfer each month for the previous months work
WHALES ENGLISH PEAK TEACHING TIMES:
Weekdays: 6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. (Beijing Time)
Weekends: 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. (Beijing Time)
WHALES ENGLISH TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
– a computer
– a strong and stable internet connection
– a noise-cancelling headset
– Start date: immediately (upon hire and completion of training)
– Contract term: 12 months
– Fixed/Regular hours and Flexible/Temporary hours available each week
– Whales English offers ongoing professional development through their teacher training courses
We want true teachers! For us, inspiration to teach our provided curriculum comes in many forms. We trust the wealth of experience and qualifications our teachers bring to the table! We see our curriculum as a tool to inspire our educators to differentiate their methodology for each class so students reach their full learning potential!
Our courses are 25-30 weeks long, which offers both students and teachers alike stability and the chance to form a lasting bond and connection. Receiving competitive pay, Whales English teachers can progress in their careers while being fully supported by a dedicated technical team and a designated contact person.
Native English-Speaking: Native English Speakers Only
TEFL/TESOL Certificate: Required
Bachelors Degree: Required
1. are you a citizen of the united states, canada, the united kingdom, australia, ireland, or new zealand?
2. do you have both a bachelors degree and a teaching certification?