TEFL. ESL English Teacher
Teaching English for 7 years
- P.O. Box 2190 Sur, Oman email@example.com
English Teacher / Lecturer, Program Coordinator, Deputy Head of Department and / or HoD
Summary of Qualifications
- More than 15 years as an English (ESL) teacher.
- Extensive experience in traveling and living abroad in South Korea, UAE, and Oman.
- Taught ESL/ESP/EAP at University level.
- Worked in academic administrative roles as program coordinator and Deputy Head of Department (HoD)
- Ability to integrate theoretical concepts and practical ideas, and apply them to actual classroom situations.
- View teaching and learning as a dynamic and interactive process.
Education and credentials
- TESOL Certificate, 2009
- Certified Blackboard Trainer, 2011
- University of South Alabama, A., science, emphasis: chemistry, 1991
- 2014 Current, Deputy Head of English Department / English Preparation Course Coordinator / Senior English lecturer, Sur University College, Sur, Oman
- 2011 – 2014, Foundation Program Coordinator / Senior English Lecturer, Sur College of Applied Sciences, Ministry of Higher Education, Sur, Oman
- 2007 – 2011, Year one Program Coordinator / E-Learning Coordinator / Senior English Lecturer, Sohar College of Applied Sciences, Ministry of Higher Education. Sohar, Oman
- 2006 – 2007, Senior English Teacher, King’s Language School , Abu Dhabi, UAE
- 2005 – 2006, English Teacher (ESL), Kang’s Language School, Paju, South Korea
- 2003 – 2004, English Teacher (ESL), Tiny Tots Language School, Nowon, South Korea
- 2002 – 2003, Online English Tutor, E- native Speaker, Seoul, South Korea
- 2000 – 2002, Private English Tutor, Brisbane, Australia
- 1995 – 2000, English Tutor, University Of South Alabama, Mobile, U.S.A
- Taught English as a Second Language (ESL), English for Special Purposes (ESP) and English for Academic Purposes (EAP).
- Engaged students through humor and activities designed for maximum interaction in large and small groups.
- Involved students by choosing their own topics in addition to books, to improve their ability to speak freely in technical, medical, business, and professional terms as well as general terms in English and normal daily conversational English.
- Taught English to accountants, engineers, chemists, and scientists for many different oil companies, and government departments.
- Taught foundation, year one and year two students at college and university levels.
- Tailored materials and methods for company staff to meet their needs.
- Taught English language to all levels and ages, adults, kids, elementary, high school, middle school, and university students.
- Field trips and practical hands on situations were demonstrated.
- Focus on presentations, speaking, and listening.
- Used itools and other educational software for teaching English.
- Wrote course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments and handouts.
- Guided students in using technology to support educational research.
- Coached students on public speaking and presentation skills.
- Used the Blackboard and Moodle software in the classrooms, English labs and online.
- Wrote, administered and graded midterm and final examinations.
- Focus on conversation and speaking by using presentations and role play in pairs and groups.
- Monitored students’ academic progress and referred students to their academic advisors.
- Served on four college committees and acted as chair of the Evaluation and Assessment Committee and the E learning Committee.
- Planned, evaluated and revised course content and course materials.
- Managed the E learning project to improve the quality of the e-learning at the College.
- Clarified the duties of the LRC and the roles of the technicians.
- Assisted the teachers of the English department and other departments with any technical issues and guided them to the right person to tackle the problem.
- Organized and maintained a file for the E Learning Project.
- Ran many workshops to demonstrate the use of the e-learning technology.
- Trained all teachers, students, and staff on the use of the Blackboard software.
- Trained and issued Blackboard certificates to all the teachers at the College of Sohar.
- Assisted in the design of the e-maintenance platform in the college.
- Conducted workshops and meeting for all year one teachers to assist them with year one such as materials, marks, attendance, observations, time tables, placement tests, QC, QA, and many other related management duties.
- Assisted professionals to use online teaching methods such as, the use of internet for academic purposes like, video conferencing, iTools, and power point in the class.
- Assisted the foundation program coordinator in all aspects of the program..
- Used many interactive materials like educational games, trivia’s, the use of power point, computer labs, and interactive websites.
- Taught English online world wide that include ESL, ESP, EAP.
- Course planning
- Organized and detailed
- Personable and approachable
- E-learning and online teaching
- Work well with new technologies
- Knowledge in Windows applications
- Web design and some programming.
- Knowledge in Teaching methods and psychology
- Adapts well to new working environments.
- Enjoy working in a team.
- Attention to details.
- Blackboard and Moodle
- Member of the Association of Professional Engineers, and Scientists, Australia.
- Member of the American Chemical Society.
Available upon request
- 17 years experience